Thursday, April 24, 2008

Street Calamares in the Philiippines

If you don't ever heard about this street calamares which is sold for only 3 pesos per slice. Well try it once it's delicious, you can see it on the street riding in a bike with a sidecar. It's huge and very tasty. The first time I try it when I was on the way home coming from a job interview. I was so hungry that time and then I saw this vendor at Gil Puyat, I got curious about what his selling because it looks like new for me. I go closely and ask how much it is and what it is? The vendor said it's 3 pesos and it is a squid, so I don't hesitate to buy that time and the fact that I am hungry too. It taste good and very cheap! You can buy it only in the street because when you buy in a restaurant it cost a hundred plus. I wanted to buy more but I don't have enough money so I decided to go home.

After that, when I was going to my work to make a report about our branch in Dasmarinas, Cavite. I saw this vendor in Balibago Complex selling calamares too. I bought a dozen that time and I bring it home to combine it with rice. I share it to my parents too and they love it. After that day, I was watching this news from GMA 7 I think it was Investigador. It was about this street calamares. They have found out that this street calamares was filled with formalin that is why they selling it in low price. Huh?!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh..... I ate formalin? Well that's good. At least I got free formalin! kachiiiing!

Filipinos really love foods even though they don't know where it comes and what the risk. They love to eat a lot even though they don't have enough money.

No comments: